visit to normandy in late july...help!!

Here you can speak English and ask for informations on birds of Normandy!
Règles du forum
All documents posted on this forum are licensed under CREATIVE COMMONS BY-NC-SA.

Before starting any new thread: make a search(top right or below) to see if your message can answer or join an existing discussion.
Répondre
Graham Barker

visit to normandy in late july...help!!

Message par Graham Barker »

Hello
hopefully got the right section for this post.....so....

im visiting the normandy area, around grand cam maisey, at the end of july this year and im trying to find either bird sighting reports or information about sites to visit or particular spots that are good...this doesnt have to be for rarities, i just want to go birding.....but i would like to see if i can visit some good places around the area....
i would like to thank you for any information you can give me...i really do appreciate it...

graham barker
Guillaume DEBOUT
Administrateur

Re: visit to normandy in late july...help!!

Message par Guillaume DEBOUT »

you can have more informations here : http://www.gonm.org/reserves/les-reserves-du-gonm

& here "where to watch birds in normandy ?" : http://www.gonm.org/sensibilisation/sites-a-voir

you can see all of our books here : http://www.gonm.org/publications-grand- ... u-cormoran

there is 2 books that can particularly interess you :
  • Où voir les oiseaux en Normandie ?
    Reprenant le principe inauguré dans la brochure " Voir les oiseaux en Normandie " coédité avec le CRDP, le GONm s'est engagé dans la publication d'une série de fascicules présentant différents itinéraires ornithologiques sous forme de fiches.
    En privilégiant une présentation spartiate, il a voulu permettre au plus grand nombre de découvrir les sites ornithologiques les plus marquants de notre région.
    Le premier fascicule est consacré au département de la Manche, sans doute le département le plus riche en oiseaux, et certainement le mieux connu des ornithologues de l'association.
  • Les oiseaux de Tatihou et des rivages du Val de Saire
    (GONm, 1996, CG de la Manche, Musée Maritime de l'île de Tatihou)
    Avec cet ouvrage, le GONm inaugure une nouvelle formule pour l'édition d'un livre : plusieurs de ses membres ont fourni textes et photos et le Conseil Général de la Manche et le Musée Maritime de Tatihou se sont chargés de la mise en page, de l'édition et de l'impression. Ce système évite les mises de fonds importantes mais aussi le travail intéressant bien qu'exigeant de la mise en forme des textes et des images.
you can ask for it here :
Groupe Ornithologique Normand
181 rue d'Auge 14000 Caen FRANCE
Téléphone: (33) 02 31 43 52 56
Fax: (33) 02 31 93 27 07
Robin Rundle

Re: visit to normandy in late july...help!!

Message par Robin Rundle »

Hello Graham,
If you are going to be staying near Grandcamp-Maisy you will already be near some excellent birding sites: the baie des Veys both sides of the estuary: at Gefosse Fontenay or the reserve at Beauguillot near Utah beach. Then there is the whole of the Cotentin marshes, and going further afield the west coast of the Cotentin, the coast and sea at Barfleur, the pont de la Hague, the baie du Mont St Michel....There are several places where the Kentish plover nests along the coast, and storks nesting in the marshes. You will note that nearly all these sites are on the coast.

Bird sightings are often posted on Cormoclic, which is a list reserved to paid-up members of the GONm, and Obsnorm2. Don't hesitate to contact me again if you have any specific questions.

Best wishes

Robin Rundle
Répondre