Have your say in English!

Here you can speak English and ask for informations on birds of Normandy!
Règles du forum
All documents posted on this forum are licensed under CREATIVE COMMONS BY-NC-SA.

Before starting any new thread: make a search(top right or below) to see if your message can answer or join an existing discussion.
Répondre
Guillaume DEBOUT
Administrateur

Have your say in English!

Message par Guillaume DEBOUT »

It has been suggested to me that there are a number of members of the GONm from countries other than France, mainly British, whose ability to communicate adequately in French is rather limited.
These members would be able to participate more if there was a channel of communication for them. I have given the matter some thought and suggested to Gérard Debout, our chairman, that we could set up an English language section of the forum on the GONm website, at : http://www.gonm.org .
  • * Simply go to the website,
  • * click on forum,
  • * click on “inscription” in the top right hand corner to register;
  • * click on “j’accepte ces conditions” to agree not to do naughty things on the forum;
  • * fill in the boxes on the registration form,
  • * choosing a password which you note carefully somewhere;
  • * make sure you click also on “British English” in the box marked “Langue”.
  • * The difficult bit is at the bottom, where you must put on your glasses to read carefully the code of faint letters and numbers in funny positions, and copy them into the little box underneath.
  • * Then click on “envoyer”.
So what will you write about in English? Up to you! Your observations, your questions about the GONm and its activities, anything about ornithology.
However, I don’t suggest a translation service of everything said in French, that would be a full-time job, and there’s no one to do it!
Neither am I encouraging an English language branch of the GONm; it’s essential that the association stays united, but we can try this idea to help the English members feel more involved, follow what’s happening and who is doing what.

So, over to you, enjoy!

Robin Rundle
Guillaume DEBOUT
Administrateur

switch in english

Message par Guillaume DEBOUT »

To switch the language of the forum in English (once registered):
  • * click on "Panneau de contrôle de l’utilisateur" (top left)
  • * then click on "Préférences du forum"
  • * in "ma langue": choose "British English"
  • * click on "envoyer"
and now it's done!
Répondre