Big Garden Bird Count, Normandy version!

Here you can speak English and ask for informations on birds of Normandy!
Règles du forum
All documents posted on this forum are licensed under CREATIVE COMMONS BY-NC-SA.

Before starting any new thread: make a search(top right or below) to see if your message can answer or join an existing discussion.
Répondre
Robin Rundle

Big Garden Bird Count, Normandy version!

Message par Robin Rundle »

Hello,
have you seen that the GONm is organising a Big Garden Bird Count, the same weekend as the RSPB in the UK? This is the seventh year! It's this weekend, the 30th or 31st January 2010. Jsut count the birds in your garden or your local park or public space (grounds of the château for example) but NOT during a country walk. Do not count birds that fly over, but don't miss the sparrow hawk that hunts the greenfinches on your bird table. Make sure that you count the maximum number of each species, if you see 3 sparrows, then 5, then 8, you only note the 8. DOn't add them up as you go along. I have some records of 55 blue tits, obviously coming and going, but not really a ikely total of individuals.
If you haven't got the form that was in the Petit Cormoran, download one from:

http://www.gonm.org/telechargements/doc_download-131

and send it either by internet or by post if you prefer. SImple! I hope you will take part, and give me lots of work entering a record number of records this year!

Good counting,

Robin Rundle
Robin Rundle

Re: Big Garden Bird Count, Normandy version!

Hello,

Did you know that this weekend the GONm is organising the 8th Big Garden Bird Count in Normandy? This is the same weekend as the RSPB's count in the UK. For information go to the home page of the GONm and click on the garden bird on the left of the screen. If you have any problems, send me an e-mail at robinrundle@free.fr.

Happy counting!

Robin Rundle
Robin Rundle

Hello,

This weekend the GONm is organising the 10th Big Garden Bird Count in Normandy. This is the same weekend as the RSPB's count in the UK. For information go to the home page of the GONm and click on the garden bird on the left of the screen. If you wish to have a paper version of the form IN ENGLISH before entering your results online, send me an e-mail at robinrundle@free.fr

Happy counting!

Robin Rundle
Robin Rundle

Hello, is there anyone out there?

In case you weren't aware, this weekend is the BIg Garden Birdwatch in Normandy, organised since 2003 by the GONm. You can find full details by clicking on the robin on the home page of the web site. If any one really needs an English version of the form to be used only to help with the counting, you can contact me and I'll email it to you. But do fill in your observations on the online form after checking you know which bird is which in French! Most of you english-speakers have homes in the country with nice shrubby gardens here in France (why live in a town? ) so you are bound to have all sorts of interesting species!
Good counting!

Robin Rundle

robinrundle@free.fr
Robin Rundle

Hi there!

This coming weekend, 28th and 29th January, is the Grand Comptage des Oiseaux de Jardin in Normandy, like in The UK.

The GONm has a partnership with the LPO in France, so be sure to enter your observations on either the GONm or the LPO's site, not both to avoid duplication! It's obviously best to stick with the GONm, and your count will shared with the LPO for the National count.

Click on the robin redbreast on the home page of the GONm's website to see the form and instructions in English- I hope the correct version will soon be visible!

Best wishes,
Robin Rundle
Répondre